Do Young People live in Muskoka? More than you know!
Muskoka Young Professional Organization was founded in 2015 by a passionate group of professionals located across Muskoka. This organization’s mandate is to facilitate networking and bring together people from throughout Muskoka. The organization strives to have bi-monthly meetups that are rotated between the three major towns in Muskoka. Events are very diverse and you get a different crowd out to each one. Some of the things that Muskoka Young Professionals has done include a nighttime scavenger hunt in the woods (we didn’t even lose anyone), a mayoral round table, hanging out at the local pub and getting out for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Whether you’re interested in a low key night out, or the adventure seeker in you wants to play, this is a group to get involved with.
What we have learned about the typical Young Professional in our first 2 years:
- No two young professionals are the same
- Muskoka is full of young professionals
- Many of the young professionals have moved here in the last 5 years
- Once a young professional moves to the area it is unlikely that they will move out
- Young professionals are craving the opportunity to get out and meet with others.
How can Muskoka YPO help you?
- The young professional’s network will give business owners and other young professionals the opportunity to increase their network. This increase could benefit:
- Your supply chain
- Your future human resources needs
- Your customer base
- The young professional’s network gives new staff to your organization a social point. Staff are more likely to stay in an area that gives them good opportunities for work-life balance.
- Strength in numbers! Joining a YPO gives you access to grassroots customer and client information, while allowing an organization to do half the work of cultivating partnerships.
- Hosting a young professionals event is a cheap way to get a captive audience. Whether you want to pitch a new service or a great event coming your way, bring the group out and borrow their ears.
So now you want to join us?
What does it cost to join?
Nothing! We aren’t a paid organization; all events are run at the cost of the businesses we go to, or the organizing team.
How do you define young? How do you define professional?
We don’t really; if you are someone within the first 7 years of your given profession you are welcome to join us. (Even if you’re not, we don’t check and are just happy to have you out!)
We hope to see you out at the next event!
Thank you for visiting Venture Muskoka! If you are interested in getting notified when new posts go active please fill out the form below: